#1 Lucille Oka

Lucille Oka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

Nothing. Just the joy of being right; if you are. No fair screen shots!! Just think about it a little.

Attached File  Picasso 6 Face.jpg   9.2KB   61 downloads Attached File  picasso 007 Bunch with Apple RoundSquare ceramic Plate.jpg   31.64KB   65 downloads
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life".

#2 Frederik-W

Frederik-W

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Locationa distant moon of Uranus

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

I have no idea, but I like both very much.

The drawing on the plate might superficially look like it could have been drawn by a kid, but I think that is not the case, unless it is a very talented one.

#3 AmeriSwede

AmeriSwede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFörslöv, Sweden

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

I've no idea really, though the pitcher form has a slight resemblance (with the striped pattern and style of both handle and top) to a blue and white pitcher form I had seen once, attributed to P.Picasso. The platter though doesn't remind me of anything I've seen by Picasso, so I really can't say.

As Frederick... I like both as well!

Thanks for posting those Lucille.

------Rick

Above all, it is a matter of loving art, not understanding it. (Fernand Leger
)

#4 TJR

TJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

I am thinking that the pitcher is by Pablo Picasso. Don't know about the plate. What do I win?
TJR.

#5 Lucille Oka

Lucille Oka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:17 AM

Yes, both pieces are Pablo Picasso.

The link below is quite a read. It takes some patience and maybe a larger type face to make it comfortable to read. But when you are done there maybe a quiz, open book of course (not really). But this is an interesting essay.
You can learn alot about what has been done and what can be done. I hope you will enjoy this and learn something that you can use in your own work. http://andrewweiss.c...cassoessay.html
Here is a 9 page gallery of other images of Picasso's ceramics- http://andrewweiss.com/ceramics.html

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life".

#6 Lucille Oka

Lucille Oka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:04 AM

If you've noticed I had to change the images. For some reason the original ones disappeared. So I replaced them with these from Google images.

#7 AmeriSwede

AmeriSwede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

If you've noticed I had to change the images. For some reason the original ones disappeared. So I replaced them with these from Google images.

Posted Image Ha Ha Ha... I was analyzing them again thinking that you had a new quiz, as the pitcher doesn't have the tell-tell characteristics that seemed to tip me off the first time..... Then I thought the platter was the same as last time and that you changed them to confuse or stump me further. Then I just wondered if in fact this was somehow a warped morphing of my memory and in actuality Alzheimer's was beginning to make an appearance into my life. What a relief!

er.... uh.... so is this the same artist? Posted Image

----Rick

------Rick

)

#8 Lucille Oka

Lucille Oka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:18 AM

No, I wasn't trying to trick you but if you feel Alzheimer's setting in, there are B12 drops for that.
If you 'Google' Picasso Ceramics you will see a rather large number of pieces that he decorated or pieces he had specially made for him to decorate. There were quite a few issues of the works replicated for the pottery in which he was working. Some were replicated 200 or 300 times and stamped for authenticity.

#9 AmeriSwede

AmeriSwede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

...Some were replicated 200 or 300 times and stamped for authenticity.

Ha Ha.... I like that! kind of like the Prado printing up more prints from Goya's plates whenever their budget gets tight. Not saying they've ever done that...Posted Image

---Rick

------Rick

)

#10 catpaws

catpaws

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

why do we think that just because something was made by a famous artist that the stuff is actually good? If I had made either of these two pieces I can safely say that most people would say they wouldn't give them house room. I can hear my husband now...."hmmm, not your best dear".

#11 Lucille Oka

Lucille Oka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

No one said it was 'good'. Some artists are 'nervy' and 'gutsy'. When an artist such as Picasso is capable of a more 'classical' or 'traditional' style of work seeing what he relays through a different medium or genre piques interest.

#12 catpaws

catpaws

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

No one said it was 'good'. Some artists are 'nervy' and 'gutsy'. When an artist such as Picasso is capable of a more 'classical' or 'traditional' style of work seeing what he relays through a different medium or genre piques interest.

ohhh that's me told off then.

#13 Pres

Pres

Retired Art Teacher

• Moderators
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationCentral, PA

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

All so often I will see a piece that I really do not care for, but looking at things from another perspective I ask myself "What can I learn from this?" Usually there is something to be learned from looking at almost everything out there, whether it is texture, feeling for line, composition, color, or a basketful of other ideas. Then again too some times, not often I come away learning one thing, I don't like it. However, I have tried.

Simply retired teacher, not dead, living the dream. on and on and. . . . on. . . .                                                                                 http://picworkspottery.blogspot.com/

#14 catpaws

catpaws

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

All so often I will see a piece that I really do not care for, but looking at things from another perspective I ask myself "What can I learn from this?" Usually there is something to be learned from looking at almost everything out there, whether it is texture, feeling for line, composition, color, or a basketful of other ideas. Then again too some times, not often I come away learning one thing, I don't like it. However, I have tried.

yes I agree. However I think sometimes it's a gut reaction that doesn't need over analysing, one either likes it or one doesn't. sometimes we don't even know the reason we don't like something it's just "wrong" a bit like some people are disliked on first sight, it saves time!

#15 chinujhon

chinujhon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

so beautiful. I like this art for decorating house or office.. I like it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users