8 replies to this topic

#1 OffCenter

OffCenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

My wife, a painter, and I, a potter, have a show together called "Shared Studios" The following link is a short video of opening night.

Jim
E pur si muove.

"But it does move," said Galileo under his breath.

#2 trina

trina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

My wife, a painter, and I, a potter, have a show together called "Shared Studios" The following link is a short video of opening night.

Jim

Hey great vid, would have loved to see it a bit more slowly so I could get a better look at all the wonderful objects and paintings! Well Done Trina

#3 smokin pots

smokin pots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for sharing! Really fun video, and I wish I was there. Beautiful art, both ceramics and otherwise, and
I hope you'll had a successful outcome. Its nice to put a video with a face, or a post (member) with a piece of art.
Congrats on the successful show!
Juli
la paloma texas pottery

#4 buckeye

buckeye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationLancaster Ohio

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:43 AM

That was so cool to watch, I had to watch it a few times to take it all in. Thanks for sharing!

#5 Denice

Denice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationWichita, Kansas

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

I really enjoyed you and your wife's work I especially liked you folded over pitcher. I thought your display stand was great but how did you keep the cups balanced on it did you use double sided sticky tape I have had to use it before. Denice

#6 OffCenter

OffCenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

I really enjoyed you and your wife's work I especially liked you folded over pitcher. I thought your display stand was great but how did you keep the cups balanced on it did you use double sided sticky tape I have had to use it before. Denice

Thanks, Denice. The porcelain sake cups are cone-shaped and fit into holes in the Lizella Red "tray". The "folded over" pitcher also fits into a hold in the tray. I love working with both of these clays. The porcelain is very translucent and is made from the purest kaolin in the world from New Zealand while the Lizella Red is dug from a swamp a few miles from my house.

Jim
E pur si muove.

#7 teardrop

teardrop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

Very cool. You both have some very nice peices!

thanks for sharing!

teardrop
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss US author & illustrator (1904 - 1991)

#8 Matt Oz

Matt Oz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

Great video and art.
Compared to static photos, I think video does a better job representing artists work. If only sites like Etsy had video listings.

#9 OffCenter

OffCenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

Thanks, everyone who replied! I wish more people here would post pics of their work and videos of their shows. I'm much more interested in what people here are making than in what they are saying.

Jim
E pur si muove.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users