St1 Stool Height

algebraist

After reading the "What does your throwing stool look like" thread, I ordered a Speedball ST1 stool, the one that looks like this:

ST1_stool.jpg

It just arrived.  Specs say it adjusts from 18" to 23", but mine adjusts from 18" to 21".  And it feels short at 21".  So my question is: Did I get a bad one, and it should adjust higher, or are the specs inaccurate, and I should just learn to live with it?  (If those of you with one at home wouldn't mind getting out your tape measurers for a quick check, I'd appreciate it.  I'm measuring to the highest part of the seat.)  Thanks.

This chair feels great to the bottom and inner thigh part of the legs. I took the back off because it was pushing me too far forward.

I needed more seat height also. I ordered a bar stool height adjuster, off the internet, and replaced the one that came with it. it was $35 - $40 - well worth it to get the seat just right.

After these adjustments, it feels wonderful to sit and throw.

The thing is very adjustable as to tilting so mine in the rear is 22 and the front bump up is 23.Thats fully raised up

The back can slide way back or war forward as well. I'm throwing on a wheel which is up about 4-6 inches on Brent booties which raise the wheel.

Mine is an old one before speedball bought them out)creative industries)

Thank you both.  Mine is definitely 2" shorter, but the idea of replacing the pneumatic cylinder with a taller one is encouraging.  Far more appealing than calling Speedball (the manufacturer) or ClayKing (the dealer) to complain about the height of their chair.  I'll probably try it as is for a little while, and then buy a replacement cylinder.  Thanks again.

The wheelhead on the Brent is 24 inch form floor. The front of the seat is 33 inch from floor. For leg extenders I took a 3 inch diameter pvc pipe, drilled holes every inch, put a carriage bolt with wingnut. After putting my 275 lbs on the chair the seat goes to 30 inches from the floor. I mount the chair like you would a bicycle, throwing the right leg over the chair.

post-13363-0-73480100-1453391228_thumb.jpg

post-13363-0-73480100-1453391228_thumb.jpg

Archived