Has Anyone Heard Of A Kiln Brand Called Norman?

oldlady

Call them. Servicing is one thing, being able to get parts quickly and easily another. If you want to save yourself some headache in the future, only buy a brand that is still in business, or that someone else is still supplying parts for. For instance, Paragon has Duncan parts, and Euclids makes elements for Knight kilns. 

thank you, neil, sound and practical advice as always.  the kiln in question is a tiny one, interior space only 6x6 or so.  i only want a test kiln for colors and maybe a bisque mold in raku clay. it was used many years ago by a woman who wanted to make tiles.  she is including 129 bisqued tiles in a box with the kiln for $100.  as soon as i agreed to buy it from her, a new ad popped up for a paragon that looks only slightly bigger, is closer and would be a better fit for me.  but it is $200.  it is called a china painter's kiln and the ad has no info.  went from no choices to too many. :blink:

and a beautiful picture of a duncan pro.  for 120.  much bigger.

• 1 year later...

Thank you all I was just given a Norman Electric Kiln, Model T-8, Phase 1, 115 V, 14 amp, mfg 6/81. Interior 7" × 7" × 6". Kilns Supply &Service Corp., Port Chester, NY, 10573. I know nothing about it yet but I will soon. I'm going to start fusing glass tiles with it. I'll let you know how it works out and if I can use it for some perpous.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Nfost said:

Hey I just got one of these I have never used a kiln. Do you have more info about this? I want to just plug it in!

Last post in this was 2017 so Mark Miller might not be looking at this. You can try and  PM him if he is still on the site.

Archived