Kiln Controller Advice

jrgpots

I want to build a multi-zone kiln controller. I have looked at the Omega CN616 CT1 and the CN8241 series. The price was around $350. I also thought of buying multiple 1-zone cheap controllers and making 1 controller per zone.

What controller do you like?

Jed

Get the Bartlett V6-CF or an L&L Dynatrol (they're the same thing). They're cheaper than those you're looking at and already set up to work with kilns and cone firings. You'll have to get the transformer, relays and thermocouples for any controller, so you might as well get one that's set up for kilns.

Get the Bartlett V6-CF or an L&L Dynatrol (they're the same thing). They're cheaper than those you're looking at and already set up to work with kilns and cone firings. You'll have to get the transformer, relays and thermocouples for any controller, so you might as well get one that's set up for kilns.

Thanks, what about RTC1000?

Jed

Thanks, what about RTC1000?

Jed

The V6-CF is a friendlier interface, has firing profiles designated for bisque or glaze, and has more feature for custom programs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so that this can be found in the future, bruce, could you please correct the title of this to read the noun "advice"  and not the verb advise?   it seems to be used incorrectly in almost every thread, i think it is catching. 

Archived