Crafts In America

I just watched an interesting show on PBS Crafts in America, it was about the military introducing crafts into a soldier's life. One of the men they feature that took art classes on the GI bill after World War II was Peter Vulcos. Most of the show was soldiers working with clay, they touched on a few other areas such as paper making and leather work.  Someone living in the western time zone should be able to still catch it tonight.  Denice  

Sounds interesting. Both of my main teachers in College and grad school were in WWII. One was in the Royal Air Force. My first boss in teaching was also aa artist who learned to draw in POW camp. I will try to watch that after my show is up. I feel a certain bond to that generation. Thanks for the info.

marcia

I also feel a close attachment, my dad was in World War 2, he went through hell and came back shell shocked and suffered mental problems until I was 18 years old.  Sorry I misspelled the name Voulkos  it was bedtime for me and my brain was too fuzzy to come up with the correct spelling.    Denice

Archived