QotW: Have you ever taught or mentored another person/s about pottery of any sort?

When I was teaching, as I have said before, much of it was a matter of coaching. Many times classroom exercises were by guided practice to get the student to know the clay. Sighted and blind guided practice was often my best tool to get students to understand the texture and plasticity. These allowed students to understand the strength of a thin piece of clay as in a pinch pot exercise. When later working on the wheel, I had set goals for the student to reach before going further. . . showing mastery of each step. My job was to correct/coach the student about hand positions arm bracing and proper chair placement and overall posture. I would frequently be teaching multiple students with multiple projects so that coaching was most efficient on the wheel when assisted with a progressive check list. This to me was the same as mentoring a student to further their skills.

QotW: Have you ever taught or mentored another person/s about pottery of any sort?