Xpression Decals

Was considering putting together images for a decal sheet, but had bad luck holding onto colors (especially with reds)  when doing a test (see photos). It had been fired along with some luster(ed) pieces. Had thought it would be the same firing temps for decal work, but possibly I'm wrong. Experience?
According to Xpression instructions, decals should be fired at 016-015. Would gasses from the lusters possibly affect the decal colors? Thanks!

IMG_8112.jpeg

IMG_8111.jpeg

Wasn't sure about adding a very low temperature clear over the decal(s) to help hold onto it longer. If applied to a decorative plate or vase, ongoing washing would be minimal. Will likely contact Xpression decals next to find out more and report back. 

Have heard back from Xpression - seems the luster firing that this vessel was included with was not compatible for their decals. It needs to be 3 1/2 hours fast at c016 (versus the 6 hrs at c018 it was fired at). If I continue to consider using decals, I'll need to call around for room in someone else's kiln. Xpression did not answer whether there was a preference of clay body or (fired) glaze that the decals would work best on. Likely that's left up to me to experiment with. Thanks for the input here!

1 hour ago, Ben xyz said:

Have heard back from Xpression - seems the luster firing that this vessel was included with was not compatible for their decals. It needs to be 3 1/2 hours fast at c016 (versus the 6 hrs at c018 it was fired at). If I continue to consider using decals, I'll need to call around for room in someone else's kiln. Xpression did not answer whether there was a preference of clay body or (fired) glaze that the decals would work best on. Likely that's left up to me to experiment with. Thanks for the input here!

Decals look best on white bodies so the colors pop. Forget the clear as noted  in above post, its a higher cone and will burn off. Decals and lusters are different animals