how to use my logo stamp with underglaze

Hi,

I have a 1.2”rubber stamp I want to use at a bottom of slip casted vase. What is the best way applying the underglaze to the stamp to have the logo crisp clear?

Thanks,

Ingrid

I have had my best luck with stamp pads and a well cut stamp. If it can be symbolic such as three dots …. Etc it’s far easier than a scripted name. Picture below is one of our test bowls, stamp is a bit inconsistent. It takes significant effort to get it perfect and has to be rolled evenly to match the shape when stamping. So smaller and maybe symbolic is far easier.

20190602_171604.jpeg

For years, I tried soft stamps with underglaze pads, rollers, paint brushes....  to load up the stamp. Never really consistent. Decided the heck, and started signing, then had a few hard stamps made for logo for a group that buys the Communion sets and wants their logo on the patens. I press the wet stamp into the freshly thrown paten while still on the wheel before cutting. After bisque I use an iron oxide wash to color under the glaze. Pale base glaze allows them to show up well. I have also wonder about printing stencils for logos on the bottom of pieces. Anyone try it?

best,

Pres

31 minutes ago, Pres said:

Anyone try it?

I have tried several, some with an air brush. Kinda ok, not sharp like I wanted, really hard to keep it from creeping under the  surface for me. Sticky, stretchy from Crickut machine seemed best. 

Best stencil idea not entirely related was real pin stripe tape, exacto knife, make your own stencil, then cover adjacent and chemically etch the existing clear glaze for custom personalized mugs including personalized painted scenes. Those were pretty pricey or very custom appreciation gifts that needed to leave with zero flaws. Could not find any stencil combination that did not have too many minor flaws. They were meant to be premium quality, porcelain, sign artwork on mug ……… never want to make those ever again!

The automotive pin stripe tape held very sharp lines throughout the entire process though, best I have tried, but lots of work put into those mugs.