Hi All,

My name is Lee Pappernow and I moved my ceramics studio (large gas kiln, electric kiln, pug mill, wheels, and complete studio) from California to Tequisquiapan, Queretaro, MX.  I am trying to find suppliers who have dry materials for making stoneware and porcelain clays and for glaze materials (fireclay, ball clay, kaolin, feldspars, whiting, dolomite, gerstley borate, neph. syenite, silica, whiting, frits, etc.)   Thought there would be lots of suppliers - at least in Mexico City (3 1/2 hours away but all I can find are "hobby" type outlets that sell premixed commercial glazes, etc.  I am a professional ceramic artist and need good suppliers!  Any help or resources you have will be most appreciated.  Even if you know another potter/ceramic artist who might have such resources.  Thank you!

Porcelain Covered Jar Wax Resist 18 Inches Tall.jpg

Platter (26.5 Inches).jpg

Hi Lee,
Welcome to the Forum!

Good question, hope you get some first-person experience responses.

...meanwhile:
Laguna shows four distributors in Mexico, one in Mexico City
Laguna Clay | Distributors

Is it sane to build a pottery studio in Mexico? - MexConnect
“You can get high-fire clay and materials for your studio from Marie in Mexico City. She ships truck-loads of supplies from Laguna Clay in Los Angeles and distributes them to potters all over Mexico.”
The potter, looks like they passed away last year.
I haven't found Marie...

Volume establishments, (e.g. Anfora) may give you some tips on suppliers.

Amaco dealer
Taller – Esmaltes, equipo y herramienta para cerámica (esmaltesparaceramica.com)

Shops that appear to have raw material
Bizcocho CDMX:)
Servicios y Productos | Arcicor