Porcelain a d Stilting

I have used busted up kiln elements on cone 5 bisque poured  slip porcelain with a low fire celadon glaze.  I put less glaze on the areas that sat on the elements.  I used a porcelain nichrome  support rod with center tower  for any pieces that stuck out away from the body.   The 12 pieces came out perfect but you need to test before you fire them.    Denice

21 hours ago, Denice said:

Does this piece have a flat bottom and glazed.  What temperature are you firing too?

It is going to be glazed. Firing at cone 5. It's a large egg. I trying putting the smaller ones on egg tilts but the area where the post showed up a couple hours later after the glaze firing.  I was going to put the larger one on a bed of nails stilt.  The piece was slipped casted.  Thank you for answering my post and trying to help me! Sandi

Edited by Sandi0720

9 hours ago, Denice said:

I have used busted up kiln elements on cone 5 bisque poured  slip porcelain with a low fire celadon glaze.  I put less glaze on the areas that sat on the elements.  I used a porcelain nichrome  support rod with center tower  for any pieces that stuck out away from the body.   The 12 pieces came out perfect but you need to test before you fire them.    Denice

The piece is slipped cast.  Can I ask where you got the porcelain Nichole support rods.  It is something I definitely want to look into and purchase.  Does the porcelain slip have a lot of memory like the clay?  Thank you for answering my post! Sandi

I checked my local dealer and he hasn't carried them for years.   I looked around on-line and couldn't find it,  I did find a bead tree that looked like it might work.   I also found a pad that you could put nails made out of ceramic shelf clay in different holes depending on your pot.   It was really interesting,  something a potter should have around in there kiln supplies.   I found it on Amazon in kiln accessories,   I would look around for the bead tree,  the one I found was pretty expensive.   Porcelain slip doesn't have a lot of memory.     Denice