L&L kiln + Skutt lid brace?

Does anyone have any thoughts about adding a Skutt lid brace to an L&L e28T kiln? While the Easy-Lift Lid is in fact very easy to lift, I find the the last few degrees (when the lid goes from straight up and down to slightly leaned back when it's all the way open) to be pretty heavy/awkward—like the spring stops assisting with the weight of the lid after 90º. (I'm fairly small/short, so maybe this is why the shift feels significant to me?) I would presumably choose the lid brace meant for the comparably sized Skutt 1231. 

Thanks so much for your help!

Edited by nuna

You can, but the thing I don't like about the Skutt lid brace is that it's only on one side, so the lid twists a little when braced, which puts a lot of pressure on the wall bricks. You could put a brace on both sides, but that gets really awkward when trying to close it. Instead of the braces I would hang a chain and hook above the kiln to hook onto the handle and hold the lid.

I find the L&L award to handle at that point also,  the chain is a good  idea.    My kiln is on wheels so I roll it back to where the lid will touch the walls in a corner while I unload it.   I make sure there enough angle that the lid couldn't suddenly close and I lock the wheels.  It is stored in that corner and I roll it out away from the wall to fire it.   Denice