Help identifying cress (?) kiln

Debbee

I purchased this kiln a few years ago and I now have a space to use it. I was trying to find the manual and I just realized there is no model number for the actual kiln just the controller. It’s 17” with a solid metal lower section, 6 elements and a 110/120 plug. There is a plate that says it goes to 2250. Thank you for your help. 

ISIMG-924656.jpeg

ISIMG-924216.jpeg

There  should also be a plate on it somewhere that lists the electrical requirements (voltage, amperage, watts) and the model number of the kiln. Can you show us a picture of that rating plate and the plug. Also, how many sides does it have? When you say 17", which dimension is that - outside height, inside height, outside diameter, inside diameter, and also brick thickness? Those additional details will help us narrow down exactly what you have. As for operations, manual kilns are pretty generic, and their "universal" instruction book for this style of kiln can be downloaded here - https://cressmfg.wpenginepowered.com/wp-content/uploads/BASIC-KILN-MANUAL-FOR-ABC-KILNS-1.pdf

Check the side of the control box for the serial plate. It should have all the important info. Post a pic of it.

6 elements or 3 elements that each loop twice?

The firing schedule on the instruction plate will work just fine. If you don't know how to use cones, then search Kiln Sitter on Youtube and you'l find a million instructional videos.

This is the only other plate. Thank you. It has 6 sides, the 17” is outside. There are 6 coils is 6 seperate slots. No model number or serial number. the lid does have a latch kind of thing to hold it open at different angles also. The plug is a standard 110/120. I had downloaded the cress manual but what I am really in need of it the electrical requirements. I want to make sure my wiring can handle the amperage. The control has 240v 50amp but the plug is not 240 and I saw it running before I bought it. 
thank you all for your help

ISIMG-923304.jpeg

ISIMG-923958.jpeg

On 10/11/2023 at 2:12 PM, Dick White said:

There  should also be a plate on it somewhere that lists the electrical requirements (voltage, amperage, watts) and the model number of the kiln. Can you show us a picture of that rating plate and the plug. Also, how many sides does it have? When you say 17", which dimension is that - outside height, inside height, outside diameter, inside diameter, and also brick thickness? Those additional details will help us narrow down exactly what you have. As for operations, manual kilns are pretty generic, and their "universal" instruction book for this style of kiln can be downloaded here - https://cressmfg.wpenginepowered.com/wp-content/uploads/BASIC-KILN-MANUAL-FOR-ABC-KILNS-1.pdf

I added a bit more info and pictures. Thanks so much

I am not finding anything that matches the pictures you gave. The current Cress manual kilns are all listed on this page -

https://products.cressmfg.com/viewitems/ceramic-kilns/manual-3

There are 3 possibilities that partially match: the B511KT, the B711H, and the B911T in that all 3 are 6 sided, 17" outside diameter, 115 volts. All are listed as 20.5" tall, but the interior depth ranges from 4.5" to 9" deep.  How deep is yours? The pictures show each as having a single switch vs. 2 on yours, and fewer  peep holes than yours. So far as electrical specs, all are listed as 15 amps, requiring a   20 amp circuit. Interestingly, the 511 has a standard 15 amp 3-prong household plug while the 711 and 911 have a 20-amp plug, i.e., one of the flat prongs is crosswise so you can't plug it into a standard household outlet, it requires an outlet rated for 20 amp with one of the slots being "T" shape so it can accept either the 15 amp plug with both straight prongs or the 20 amp plug with the sideways prong. Which style plug is on your kiln?

On 10/13/2023 at 7:11 PM, Dick White said:

I am not finding anything that matches the pictures you gave. The current Cress manual kilns are all listed on this page -

https://products.cressmfg.com/viewitems/ceramic-kilns/manual-3

There are 3 possibilities that partially match: the B511KT, the B711H, and the B911T in that all 3 are 6 sided, 17" outside diameter, 115 volts. All are listed as 20.5" tall, but the interior depth ranges from 4.5" to 9" deep.  How deep is yours? The pictures show each as having a single switch vs. 2 on yours, and fewer  peep holes than yours. So far as electrical specs, all are listed as 15 amps, requiring a   20 amp circuit. Interestingly, the 511 has a standard 15 amp 3-prong household plug while the 711 and 911 have a 20-amp plug, i.e., one of the flat prongs is crosswise so you can't plug it into a standard household outlet, it requires an outlet rated for 20 amp with one of the slots being "T" shape so it can accept either the 15 amp plug with both straight prongs or the 20 amp plug with the sideways prong. Which style plug is on your kiln?

Mine is 9” deep inside and a standard household plug. I appreciate all of the info. 

8 hours ago, Debbee said:

Mine is 9” deep inside and a standard household plug. I appreciate all of the info. 

Apparently, yours is an earlier version of the B911T, albeit with a 15 amp plug rather than the current 20 amp plug. Despite the plug configuration, you should put it on a dedicated 20 amp circuit.