Using my refurbished kiln

Naaie

Bought an old kiln ans I changed the elements and the kiln sitter tube. It fires FAST!

It's a 5 switch manual kiln so I start with 2 hours on the 1st switch, than 1 hour per switch.

On both the bisque fire and the glaze fire,  the kiln sitter shut down at the 6 - 6 1/2 hour mark...

Is it too fast? Can this cause issue with the glaze and pottery? I was expecting a good 10 hours glaze firing... the witness cones were a little underfired but not by much...

I am just surprised... Should I wait longer between each switch? Or is it okay? 

Haven't opened the kiln yet, it's cooling down...

If your glazes like it, 6-6 1/2 hour firings are fine and not overly fast. If your results tend to be better with longer firings, then by all means easy to slow down. If you make very heavy sculpture etc…. Then slowing down may be a concern. My normal wares can go very fast with good results. Effective bisque firing is dependent on time, so some clays perform better with a long schedule to burn out all the organics. Easy to slow down though, just extend your switching times.