Hello! I have been rolling out my clay by hand for a couple years now but have had issues with wrinkles and uneven slabs so I am planning on buying the Bailey 16” Table Top Slab Roller. Does anyone have any experience using this? Any tips I should know? I need a very smooth surface with no texture. Is canvas best to use with this or is a slab mat better? I also need a pretty precise thickness for my work. Any suggestions for achieving the right thickness every time?

I have a Northstar table top slab roller which has been a workhorse for me for 9 years.  16"   Yes, I definitely can get the right thickness each time.  I would assume the Bailey would perform well also.  I use canvas for some things if I want the texture, but one of our members here on the forum told me about using printers blankets.  I like the smooth texture.  I just discovered that you can buy them on Amazon! And I have also used Slab Mat before.   But if you want a nice smooth texture you simply use a rib and smooth out any texture or wrinkles or whatever.  

Roberta