Firing schedule cone 5 with two segments

Hello everybody,

We just bought an electric kiln second handed and we are looking for a good cone 5 firing schedule with two segments. Unfortunaly, the controller only allows us to dial in the first segment. For the second segment, the kiln goes on full capacity to the final temperature.

Could somebody help us with this as I can only find firing schedules with more segments.

Thank you in advance!

19 hours ago, Babs said:

If everything completely dry, for a bisque, ware is not thick, you could set it at 100°C/hr to 600°C.

A photo of controller would help others give more helpful answers.

Hi, thank you for your reply. I added a picture of the controller.

Do you have any idea what it could be for a glaze firing and what the final temperature should be?

363304401_982274756438841_640706030960907910_n.jpg

If you can only put 2 ramps how about right after the kiln finishes the 2 ramps then quickly reprogram it with the following 2 ramps. Are you wanting to just get to the max temperature then shut the kiln off or do you want to do a soak/hold at the top temperature? Kiln off after that?

9 hours ago, Min said:

If you can only put 2 ramps how about right after the kiln finishes the 2 ramps then quickly reprogram it with the following 2 ramps. Are you wanting to just get to the max temperature then shut the kiln off or do you want to do a soak/hold at the top temperature? Kiln off after that?

Thank you Min for your answer.

I could do this if there is no other way, I just thought it would be easier if I can schedule beforehand the whole program ;). But it certainly is a possibility.
 I prefer a soak and hold at the top temperature.

I'm not comfortable suggesting a two section firing schedule but will throw one out there for a three section schedule. Please don't think it will be spot on without testing and possible altering as kilns don't all fire the same, this is just somewhere to start. You could do the first section then restart quickly without loosing much heat.

Cone 5 glaze firing schedule in C with a hold

65 an hour to 120 no hold

200 an hour to 1045 no hold

42 an hour to 1177 hold for 10  minutes