Speedball artista

My speedball artista is suddenly not going top speed. The knob and the pedal have the same result as does trying different power outlets. It was fine not even a week ago. Is this something that can possibly be repaired?

The wheel is a little over a year old and I’ve never done more than 5ish on it and even that much has only been a few times recently to do off the hump or 4lb vases. The only thing I can think of that may have happened is that my toddler escaped into the garage and turned the wheelhead manually but I’m not sure what that would damage or if it could be repaired. 

Not a whole bunch can go wrong with these - had one for probably ten years. The controller is unique,I believe. Your manual here https://www.speedballart.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Artista-Final-Updated-November-2017.pdf. Only thing I can think of aside from the controller is if the plug in for the foot pedal jack has become distorted or the contacts inside dirty. Maybe unplug and replug the foot pedal several times just to exercise the internal jack contacts to see if the speed knob will work on its own. If yes, dirty contacts and an issue with the foot pedal.

Edited by Bill Kielb