replacing elements - should I replace the element connectors?

I need to replace 40 yr old elements in my Duncan EA 820 Kiln.  The element connectors are pretty corroded -so are the connectors on the Bars that connect the elements in each set of 4.  Can this corrosion affect the performance of the kiln? Should I replace these connectors? If so, do you have a recommendation as to the type of connectors I should use ?  thank you for your advice!

IMG_7240.jpeg

IMG_7241.jpeg

My suggestion, replace the corroded bolts and nuts, wire brush the buss bars. The buss bars actually have a larger conductive cross section than most jumper wires folks use to replace them and also keep the connections cooler.they won’t degrade as quickly if cooled effectively.  Buss bars have become a high end solution, wire jumpers not as good in my experience. All electrical connections should be very clean and very tightly made up to limit voltage drop and localized heating of the connection.

I agree with Bill. Keep the buss bars, replace  the other hardware. Buss bars seem to last forever even as the rest of the hardware corrodes away. The little square washer things can be replaced with fender washers. Use stainless steel hardware for everything. The bolts are probably 10-24, but take a buss bar with you to the hardware store to confirm. Splitting the ends of the element pigtails to go around the bolt is a real pain, so if you want you can just bend the end of the pigtail to go around the bolt. Also put new ring terminals on the wires, or replace the wires if they're old. Use high temp ring connectors, not the regular ones you get at the hardware store. You can find them online from a bunch of places.