New Peter pugger troubleshoot

Are you stuffing it full to begin with. Meaning mix it then add-mix a minute add more. Mix add ,more until the lid will barely close as its so full. Then mix ansd then pug.

When it stops extruding the mixer chamber is pretty empty but the barrel has a bit left

New users seem to have issues with this-my guess is they are under filling it. You cannot fill it in one go round or even two.It works best stuffed full and not to wet.You know its full when some comes out the backside overflow tchamber hen you have it full.

Now that vpm9ss is a pretty small batch (I have written on this a few times) so the output is about 2/3 the input meaning in the small machines it a pretty small output

Meaning on my vpm 20ss is max 45#s  so I get about 35#ish  out of it  as the rest is in the barrel

In my vpm 30 the max is 85#s so the output is much more (thety do not make this ione in ss yet)

heres so info

https://peterpugger.com/videos/

That machine holds 25# tops in the specs-output of 20#s is great really for a small machine that only hold a 25# pug . The issue I have is the small output with these smaller pug mills

I have written a lot  (here) about the small output of this and the  Newer mini VPM 7.  They are supplying  the hobby market now in a big way. The cost is high the output is low. If your only using small amout s its fine.

Not much I can add. I have a friend who is a full timer who bought that same size and it was really way to small for him. Depends how much time you want to spend feeding and pugging really

The cost between models is not that great really as every model has the same components on progressivly larger castings (main body).  The hopper are easier to feen in the larger models.

The VPM 20 is the perfect size more many. But if 100#s of clay lasts you many months it  is to large.