I purchased a used sitter kiln model-k 10

Meral

Merhaba,!
Ben seramik sanatçısıyım ve kullanılmış bir fırın satın aldım. 
ABD'ye AB'den yeni geldim. Garajımda kullanacağım.
Fırın biraz eski. Adı Sitter Kiln Model-k 10'dur.
Daha önce kullandınız mı?
Bir fiş arıyorum, bir fiş sistemi kurmam gerekiyor mu yoksa bir değiştirici kullanabilir miyim?
Biraz kafam karıştı.  Ben de denemedim. Bunun işe yarayıp yaramadığını görmeye çalışmam gerekiyor.
Böyle bir fişiniz var mı?
Bana yardım edebilirsen, çok mutlu olacağım.
Teşekkürler!

fırın bilgisi 2.jpg

fırın bilgisi jpg.jpg

fiş 1.jpg

Hi Meral!

Welcome to the Forum!

If the kiln has a medallion/sticker/nameplate indicating the model, volts, and amperage, please post a closeup image.

= via Google Translate English->Turkish

Merhaba Meral!

Foruma hoş geldiniz!

Fırında modeli, voltu ve amperajı gösteren bir madalyon/etiket/isim levhası varsa, lütfen yakından bir resim gö

Particularly important:
volts
amps or amperage
phase

Meral's post, as translated by Google Translate:

Hello,!
I am a ceramic artist and bought a used kiln.
I just came to the US from the EU. I will use it in my garage.
The oven is a bit old. Its name is Sitter Kiln Model-k 10.
Have you used it before?
I am looking for a plug, do I need to install a plug system or can I use a changer?
I'm a little confused. I haven't tried either. I need to try to see if this works.
Do you have such a plug?
If you can help me, I will be very happy.
Thanks!

Hello Rockhopper,

Thank you for your explanation. I saw your detail. But I checked, and it doesn't write anything over there.  I have never used it. That's why I'm a little bit scared. 

I will ask somebody who can figure out it. 

Thank you for your help!

Meral

@Meral Assuming everything is in working condition (no guarantees based on the condition of the exterior), it's going to function just like any other manual kiln with a Sitter. HERE is a manual for the sitter. A standard firing schedule would be all switches to low for 1-2 hours, all switches to medium for 1 hour, all switches to high until the Sitter shuts it off. Pretty much any instructions for a manual kiln will apply here.

The big question here is not knowing what sort of electrical requirements it has. The Sitter implies that the kiln will pull 45 amps or less, however I've seen kilns with a sitter that pull over 55 amps and run a section through a relay. The power cord and plug also imply that it will pull less than 50 amps, but there's no guarantee that the cord is the correct one for this kiln. Someone may have just put it on there without knowing what's correct. So the only way to know for sure is to check that all the elements are in good condition (not broken), and measure the resistance of the elements and math out the amperage draw. Once you know that, your electrician can install the correct electrical circuit for it to run on. Using the wrong size breaker and wiring for the circuit is a major safety issue, so this needs to be done right.

Do you have a multi-meter to measure the element resistance with?