Cold weather firing with propane

Kelly in AK

Anchorage winter is a no for me. Its been in the upper 20s in the early am and I just fired two gas kilns (last fires of 2022). I'm firing natural gas and the lines do not freeze up (2 inch pipes). My old body expecially the hands do not work well in the upper 2

Propane will freeeze up in cold temps at the tank valves. Lets see if some midwesterners chine in on this.

since most here are electric kiln folks we may not get thios answered staright away.

You could be making snow globes ?

Haha! If I had any sense I’d be making snow globes! Natural gas piping is in the plan for spring, and looking forward to it heartily. That, and baso valves.

Two 100 pound tanks, if full and tied together, can get me to cone 6 in the 20° F range. I have to keep a big pot of hot water on an outdoor cookstove in case they start to freeze up. I also have to give the regulator a tap once in a while to wake it up. More nerve wracking the colder it gets.