kiln not cooling down!

hlipper

Hi folks - I have an L&L Easy Fire and fired a bisque at ^04 Saturday night. I had an E-2 error code Sunday morning. I noticed the kiln was staying hot at around 1850F so I finished up the firing and it did complete. Came to find my kiln this morning at about 1815F. It had barely cooled. I peeked in and saw only one set of elements on. I did replace my elements last month and my thermocouples a few weeks ago. I'm thinking it's the relays this time. I unplugged the kiln.

Waiting for it to cool completely before I check my thermocouples again - I read that it could be the wires burnt out if screwed it too tightly. 

Any other thoughts?? Also, I assume my bisqued work is okay but let me know otherwise...

Thanks in advance!! So much gratitude to this community - you all have saved me & my work time and time again!!

15 minutes ago, hlipper said:

I'm thinking it's the relays this time. I unplugged the kiln.

Waiting for it to cool completely before I check my thermocouples again - I read that it could be the wires burnt out if screwed it too tightly. 

Definitely has the symptoms of a stuck relay and an E-2 error which most often means stuck relay so time to replace. With respect to tight connections, I have never seen a well made tight connection create an issue, more often a connection that has loosened causes heat, arcing, more heat and failure at the connection or the device such as a relay. If the connection is tightened so much the connector begins to strip, then obviously too tight and needs a new connector properly and securely tightened.