Old Brent cx

Sdainteriors

Hi! I am looking to purchase this wheel from a person and wanted to see if It’s a good idea and make sure that I’m not way over paying even though I am noticing even the 20 plus year old Brent’s are going quickly around here! It’s an older Brent cx for $700

i do throw both ways and was wondering if there are any tricks to reverse it? I am attaching a video and a pic for info :) thanks! I’m new to potting and absolutely fallen for it! I plan on throwing daily and incorporating my creations into my design business. Thanks!

Hi SDA,

Welcome to the Forum!
Am not seeing any attachments (image, video clip).

Brent CXC without a reversing switch, may be ~forty years old*.
Hard to say what a fair price would be; looks like new ones are $1700 (US dollars) or more.
Hope you can give the unit a good test drive and thorough check-over.

There should be three leads to the motor, green, red, black.
Adding a switch to reverse the red and black wires should do it.
Be sure the wheel is fully stopped before operating the switch!

See this thread, "It looks like I just need to install a double pole/double throw switch on the red and black wires and I should be all set. Is this correct? Thanks."
Adding Reverse Switch to Brent B Wheel - Equipment Use and Repair - Ceramic Arts Daily Community

*Perusing the forum archives, forum regular Mark's 1982 Brent CXC did not come with a reversing switch; forum Admin Pres' late 1980s Brent CXC did come with a reversing switch. 

Edited by Hulk
format