L&L Kiln - Err d

hlipper

Hi all - just checked on my bisque firing (^04) and discovered an Err d on my L&L easy fire.  Here are the specs:

model number: e23S-240
serial number: 012607-F-CKG
voltage: 240
phase: 1

I suspect I need new thermocouples and relays as I just replaced the elements. Any other recommendations?

Also, can my L&L friend on here send me links to exactly what products I need? I emailed L&L 10 days ago (and followed up) and never heard anything. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, neilestrick said:

Might be relays, might be thermocouples. How many firings are on them? If you turn the kiln on full power, do all the elements glow?

Thermocouples HERE, assuming you have the standard type K. Relays HERE.

Thank you, Neil!! There are about 100 firings on the thermocouples and relays. My elements gave out a couple weeks ago and we replaced them. The kiln is too hot right now to look but I did a luster ^019 firing last week and everything looked good. No issues with the elements.

22 minutes ago, hlipper said:

Thank you, Neil!! There are about 100 firings on the thermocouples and relays. My elements gave out a couple weeks ago and we replaced them. The kiln is too hot right now to look but I did a luster ^019 firing last week and everything looked good. No issues with the elements.

Could definitely be the thermocouples. Relays usually last more than 100 firings, but it's possible you have one that's sticking at higher temps.

11 minutes ago, neilestrick said:

Could definitely be the thermocouples. Relays usually last more than 100 firings, but it's possible you have one that's sticking at higher temps.

Great, thank you. Just ordered replacement parts. Somehow my kiln is back to running the program and is at almost 1800F...should I just let it keep firing or turn it off? Thanks!!!