L&L e23T Vary Fire program

Once a year I use a Vary Fire program for a couple of loads of slumped bottles.  I have the kiln loaded, chose Vary Fire 2, ran it through review to make certain all my ramps and holds were there and suddenly there is a new display message in between some of the  ramps and holds.  Fan 1 off  Fan 2 off  Fan 3 off Fan 4 off.  I found the FAN in the display messages of the manual.  It refers to a "powered bottom" which I do not believe I have.  And says it only appears after OP C has been chosen on the option menu.  Should I go to Option C and somehow turn it off????

Thanks,

Roberta

You can try setting to option A in the hidden menu which should start it at the beginning of firing and end operation on completion. The hidden menu here: https://binst.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/manual/asset_path/36/v6cftechnicalmanual.pdf

since I believe you do not have a fan connected to it, off would be the correct answer.

26 minutes ago, Bill Kielb said:

You can try setting to option A in the hidden menu which should start it at the beginning of firing and end operation on completion. The hidden menu here: https://binst.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/manual/asset_path/36/v6cftechnicalmanual.pdf

since I believe you do not have a fan connected to it, off would be the correct answer.

That is the root of my confusion.  I have a vent fan.  but as far as I know, not a "powered bottom"  which sounds like something different.  Hotkilns had a video about the hidden menu.  And, I have a vague memory of getting into the hidden menu last fall when I was having kiln issues.  Perhaps I chose something then I shouldn't have.  The Manual says specifically DO NOT PRESS ENTER HERE  with Option A or Option B.  Those options are not used with L&L kilns.  Thanks Bill.  That is a great link, by the way.  It explains things well.

r.

12 minutes ago, Roberta12 said:

Perhaps I chose something then I shouldn't have.  The Manual says specifically DO NOT PRESS ENTER HERE  with Option A or Option B.  Those options are not used with L&L kilns.

Most kilns don’t come with an automatic vent fan. This is a standard Bartlett control board and if a floor or lid element was present Pct option would likely be set. Actually most kilns I have seen just include the bottom element on the #3 output or zone 3. Anyway, it would be good to get the default options from L&L just in case ……. Your setup definitely could contain some L&L. Nuances.

For now, if you currently physically turn your fan on by hand now, entering it as off during varyfire should not make a difference.

26 minutes ago, Bill Kielb said:

Most kilns don’t come with an automatic vent fan. This is a standard Bartlett control board and if a floor or lid element was present Pct option would likely be set. Actually most kilns I have seen just include the bottom element on the #3 output or zone 3. Anyway, it would be good to get the default options from L&L just in case ……. Your setup definitely could contain some L&L. Nuances.

For now, if you currently physically turn your fan on by hand now, entering it as off during varyfire should not make a difference.

Yes, 11 years of turning on the vent fan as a separate operation.  It was just a surprise to see that Fan 1 off Fan 2 off pop up.   

I thought about resetting, but didn't know what else I might wipe out.  I have 2 vary fire programs that I use.  One is the bottle slumping program and one is for roasting ravenscrag or alberta slip.  They would be easy to reprogram.   

Thanks Bill.

r.

1 hour ago, neilestrick said:

Output 4 has 3 different settings, depending on what you are using it for. In standard kilns it's not hookup up to anything, so it doesn't serve any purpose and won't have any affect on your firings if nothing is wired to it. 

Do you think I must have chose Op 4 when I was trying to do something else on the hidden menu?  Would that account for it?