motor question for pottery wheel project

hey,

im thinking about trying to build a pottery wheel(not for me).

approx(1/2 hp, 5 amp), permanent magnet DC motor is what drives them, and the speed is determined with a PWM if some kind.

anyone know of any good DC motor resources, or best place to buy DC motors, maybe some aprox prices.

To PWM the drive volt source, do you just use a PIC or something to switch the drive voltage source on and off?

thanks for you help

I do have a motor source that pacifica wheels used on the wall in pots shop-If I can i,ll post it -its not a one off spot buy a motor wholesaler that sells a box of motors I think? I do not have or use a pacifica /Laguna wheel so no experience with them

11 hours ago, Bill Kielb said:

A good source for a common drive control chassis or nema 1 enclosed: https://www.kb-controls.com/main.sc

have seen multiple dc motors on Amazon. You might consider though pottery wheel for kids, by the time you buy all the specialty parts you are probably better off buying a nice wheel if it’s a gift.

thank you for your suggestion

Here is a label from a Laguna Pacifica wheel the motor is 1/2 hp

the place is in San Clemente Ca. you could call them about buy a motor. These are small motors and  DC

specs are all there on Tag.

This was on a box shipped to me that held other items and I noticed the motor tag and put it on the wall . I'm a information sponge

IMG_4580.jpeg

Archived