Seeking summit gas kiln model s-15-2-p manual

ThruTraffic

Is there any sort of digital controller on it? That's where a manual would be most handy. If so, search for that controller, as the controllers used on gas kilns in the past were not usually specific to kilns. If you do not have a controller and it's all just valves, a manual probably won't be much help. What setup do you have? Any safety valves? Pics would help.

No controller. Pic later. Has a common MEGR-6120-30 regulator. Two burners w/separate on/off valves.

I was hoping a manual might have details on positioning and tolerances of the burners to the base. It's easy to move the regulator to a position (that point varies indie a half inch of turn) that just floods the underside of the kiln with oxidation (yellow) flame and then the internal temp starts to fall. I'm hoping the new regulator helps take out the erratic behavior; i.e. I'll be able to mark the point at which the regulator position will cause the oxidation flood. Then I can quickly set the burners as high as they will go when I want max heat. I got it to 2352 but no higher and previous owner (trust worthy) claims she reached 2400 with it.

Next step is to pull the burners and clean all the ports so at least I'm sure there are no spider webs, wasp nests, etc. causing problems. I don't think there will be any as the kiln was stored indoors and appears to be cared for. We'll see.

Archived