Kiln interrupted

Babs

Really asking if, for whatever reason a controller is interrupted before reaching temp. Is it normal that one needs to wait till temp drops to ambient before being able to restart.

Short power outage last night.  

Temp this morning  was 895deg C, Kiln should have finished by then but continued to drop.

I could not get it to start firing again, kiln on, vent on but the kiln did not start firing again. Had this once before. I will try again tomorrow.

I altered ramps , I advanced to appropriate ramp but could not get it to start firing. A stafford controller. Any ideas on rebooting this controller if that is the word.

Screenshot_20211115-184107_Chrome.jpg

My manual says one of its features is to handle power outages.  My only thought is unplug to reset and reprogram and start. Only other thought is If this was a glaze firing and it made it within 100c 150c  of top temperature then you may want to let it cool and decide on re-firing.

16 hours ago, Babs said:

Not under pressure to get this stuff out so I guess nothing lost but time and energy.

Interesting note, reading the manual, this restart feature can be enabled or disabled at installation programming. Even if not enabled, not sure you would want to at this point anyway.

I spoke with technicians a few times but not satisfactory. I then remembered an old kiln I had which on heating developed a prob. The pin which goes into the control box to engage the electricity to the elements when the lid closes had warped a bit.

Spoke with  a friend and he offered same thought. So yesterday I loosened the screw at end of pin a little thus lengthening it and bent the bar which attaches to the lid.

Yaaaaaahoooooo. Not the controller. Kiln performed!!!!

My brain went straight to the controller, simple first for the future!

Thanks for your thoughts.

Archived