Best approach for breakage at a market

19 hours ago, graybeard said:

Let's get real guys, if the kid did collapse the tent he probably would pinch his hand and then the parent would sue you for everything you own because you had a unsafe tent. Welcome to  2021.

You bring a valid point graybeard. In your scenario  GEP  might be liable in two different ways. All the more reason you might consider my suggestions quoted below.

GEP seems to be smart and I would be surprised if she didn't have insurance for her pottery and for doing shows. Show policies can be had for less than $300 a year that would cover $1,000,000 in personal injury if the father would win a suit. While we are getting real GEP could have a case against the child and the father as well for injury to her, lose/damage of property and if anyone in her tent was injured.

In all honesty, the only time I've seen a canopy collapse was in a rain or wind storm. I never seen or heard of a canopy that collapsed from a malicious person or a curious child. But then again you never know odd things do happen.

On 11/16/2021 at 11:08 AM, MartinD35 said:

Never, Ever, Grab A Child's Wrist. It could be considered an assault and we live in an increasingly litigious society.

When dealing with children in my home, related or not, and they are touching something I don't want them to, I find it works better to put something different in their hands and talk about it. I bet this would work with children at a show too. Personally I'd rather lose a mug than having my whole canopy collapse

On 11/16/2021 at 4:59 PM, MartinD35 said:

You said the child was only eyeing the button, that is a lot different then reaching for the button.  If  he was reaching for the button I would have grabbed the canopy leg instead of his arm the called for his father

I carry a million liability policy myself past 30 years. People are sue happy and may swallow a sponge holder and sue

in nearly 50 years of shows I have seen some breakage and some really bad situtaions and some great resolve and some very poor resolve. Dog pee is a minor offense .

There is no pill for stupidity thay say at laest not yet.

• Min locked this topic

Archived