Kaowool used in clay?

Hi, I just ordered cone 5 porcelain paperclay from Aardvark (Papel). The "paper" used in this clay is kaowool . I know that kaowool is used in insulation and wondered if this is more unhealthy to work with than other types of "paperclay"?  I am also testing cotton linters as an additive, to make my own. Pros and cons between these two? Thanks for any help! 

1 hour ago, Sandy Ashbaugh Ceramics said:

The "paper" used in this clay is kaowool

This would be unusual, may I ask if this info is coming from Aardvark? Reason I ask is from their website it says about paperclays: "These moist clays are made with existing claybody formulations plus additions of high quality paper fibers. These clays require a bisque firing temperature of cone 04. Ample oxygen should be supplied during the bisque firing for the proper removal of carbon. This will eliminate poor glaze color development, pinholes, and bloating. You can go to our link at: http://aardvarkclay.com/pdf/technical/bisquefiring.pdf"

Welcome to the forum!

17 hours ago, Min said:

This would be unusual, may I ask if this info is coming from Aardvark? Reason I ask is from their website it says about paperclays: "These moist clays are made with existing claybody formulations plus additions of high quality paper fibers. These clays require a bisque firing temperature of cone 04. Ample oxygen should be supplied during the bisque firing for the proper removal of carbon. This will eliminate poor glaze color development, pinholes, and bloating. You can go to our link at: http://aardvarkclay.com/pdf/technical/bisquefiring.pdf"

Welcome to the forum!

17 hours ago, Sandy Ashbaugh Ceramics said:

Yes, I specifically called them back after I placed my order to verbally confirm the added ingredient. The cust serv representative even placed me on hold to inquire. I thought it was an unusual ingredient. 

Problem solved! I called Aardvark again and spoke to a supervisor .  There was just a miscommunication. No kaowool. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your response! Sandy

16 hours ago, Mark C. said:

Kaowool is not paper-so as you found out -not in the clay

17 hours ago, Sandy Ashbaugh Ceramics said:

Yes, I specifically called them back after I placed my order to verbally confirm the added ingredient. The cust serv representative even placed me on hold to inquire. I thought it was an unusual ingredient. 

Archived