timing a firing on controller

oldlady

i fire glazed greenware in a single firing to cone 6.   i use an L&L kiln with controller from 2003.  i use the preheat and slow glaze program built into the controller.  i put 11 minutes into the "hold" for the preheat.   it has worked well for me and i normally have no concerns about the length of time of the firing.  the hours and temperature appear on the controller after the firing.

today i am waiting for the kiln to turn off and i realized that i do not know if the time of firing shown includes the preheat time as well as the firing time.

thanks, neil.  yes, i know about the 2 hours but not that it was included in the total time shown on the controller.     only concerned today because yesterday all the bad things that could happen between glazing and firing  did.   i lost about 40 pieces, some small but several large ones.  show in 2 weeks.   going to be busy today making things to fill the shelves for that sale.  

20 minutes ago, oldlady said:

thanks, neil.  yes, i know about the 2 hours but not that it was included in the total time shown on the controller.     only concerned today because yesterday all the bad things that could happen between glazing and firing  did.   i lost about 40 pieces, some small but several large ones.  show in 2 weeks.   going to be busy today making things to fill the shelves for that sale.  

Oh no! Sorry for your troubles. But yes, it shows the entire firing, from the moment it starts to the moment it stops, included preheats, holds, and cooling cycles.

Archived