Robert Brent Wheels -older information

Might get more than ten years!
Post part number(s) if you have them Pluton, please.

That rack and pinion potentiometer brings back memories!

...many instances of "come with me" to point out a failed potentiometer - some were gear driven, some had a cable that wound/unwound a reel - providing position data on sheet steel production lines in the steel mill where I once worked*.

When automation failed, just finding the fault/problem/cause wasn't enough, no, there "had to" be concrete proof.

*the mill is fully closed now. The 87 acres "under roof" to be converted to a Ama*** warehouse!

RV4NAYSD503A ALLEN BRADLEY potentiometer 50 kOhm, 2W RV4 RV4NAYSD Series
Part Number: RV4NAYSD503A
Mfr: ALLEN BRADLEY
RV4NAYSD503A ALLEN BRADLEY RV4 series potentiometer. 50000.0 ohms. 2 watt. 500 volt.

This appears to have a shorter shaft than the original,  but manufacturer, wattage (2W), resistance (50k-ohm) and linear taper (i.e. type J) are corrrect.  If you can't source a long shaft version, just glue the pinion to the shorter shaft if it's too short for the grub screw to grip.

• 3 weeks later...

1972 Brent Model C belt part numbers:

This model of wheel uses two separate ribbed, polyester reinforced polyurethane 60 degree v-belts, type 5M1090, i.e. 5mm width, 1090mm "length" (outside circumference), or if you prefer 0.16 inch width, and roughly 42.8 inches circumference.

Amaco Brent sells a pair of these belts as Part # 22037T (but their web sales are currently suspended so you have to go through one of their distributors, and then it's drop-shipped by Brent).

The manufacturer of the ones sold by Brent is Bando , part # BANFLEX 5M1090 (made in Japan, available through industrial distributors)

An equivalent product from Gates Rubber is: GATES Polyflex 5M1090  (Made in USA, widely available from many distributors)

Price is pretty much the same wherever you buy.