The Smell of wax burning

As I sit in the house with window open the 35 cubic car kiln is candling tonight and the wax is burning off-this happens almost every week and is very much soothing around here-As we live in the foggy north where day temps are 70's and evening 50s the wax drifts into the fog and you can feel the pots coming to life. By early am the wax will be long gone and reduction will have taken over-but for now the wax is in the air and all is good at the pottery tonight.sleepy dreams

Mark

As I sit in the house with window open the 35 cubic car kiln is candling tonight and the wax is burning off-this happens almost every week and is very much soothing around here-As we live in the foggy north where day temps are 70's and evening 50s the wax drifts into the fog and you can feel the pots coming to life. By early am the wax will be long gone and reduction will have taken over-but for now the wax is in the air and all is good at the pottery tonight.sleepy dreams

Mark

Mark;

I didn't know you could "wax" so poetically.Last night I was sitting on my newly built deck opening my birthday gifts. We are now the same age again, buddy. I guess you could say I was enjoyong the smell of my birthday candles. Don't worry, they didn't put all 59 on top of the cake.

TJR.

Archived