Need propane hookup instructions please

MFP

Hi everyone!  I have finally gone through the firing ring for my old Olympic 2831 gas kiln which is set up for propane. The instructions in the manual are very vague because the assumption is that one is going to hire a plumber to connect it to one  of those big tanks next to your house. In the past I have seen folks on here who are using propane tanks instead,  I know that the pressure has to be 9 water column inches and there are adjustable regulators.  What I can't figure out is how to transition to a propane hose from the one inch black pipe and what diameter hose to use to get enough gas to the kiln. This is the older model with the 6 burners and is supposed at max operation to deliver 270K BTU per hour.  I will be using a 100 pound tank but I have seen folks on here using the regular 20 pound tanks. 

Any information would be most appreciated!!

Marie

check your area for a propane dealer who sells those parts.   they will get you exactly what you need at a reasonable cost and even hook up all the parts so you just connect the right ends to the right place.   they are very safety  minded so they are the best of all alternatives.

Archived