Anyone have update on downloading data from Genesis Controller?

Pat B.

@Joseph Fireborn had a really useful thread 3 years ago called "Downloading Firing Data from Genesis Digital Controller". It's an archived thread so I couldn't post there.

The software has since been updated and the choice "Export Log File" is no longer there. Does anyone know how to download data now? It's not in the manual and I have searched online  without success. Joseph's old post is the closest I've come.

Pat B.

Thank you Neil and Dick for responding.

Yes, I contacted Bartlett and found it in Communications. I have version LT4-4.2.0

Unfortunately I'm having WiFi issues so it isn't working anyway. Weak signal. I may have to bring a router out to the shed where the kiln is located. The Kiln Aid app is working fine connected to my phone, but that requires a lot less data.

You might get a plug-in wifi repeater/extender and plug it in somewhere on the side of the house nearest the kiln shed. That may be enough to boost the signal through the wall to the shed. In my house, there are two brick walls and two floors between the main router in the center of the house and the kiln. Now the kiln is directly on the other side of the second brick wall from the repeater.

Dick; I'll look into getting a repeater/extender (actually my IT guy, also known as my husband, will look into it ;). Thanks!

Neil; I didn't even see Communication when I was searching around in the menus for where export might be. It's in the middle of the scroll under Config and I went right past it. Well we both learned something today!

Archived