Found artista wheel on Craigslist - is it worth it?

Skye

I've been searching for a pottery wheel, and someone listed a Speedball Artista wheel today.  According to the ad it is brand new, hasn't been used, still comes with 2 year warranty. They are asking $500 but it seems like brand new they are only $455.

Can anyone suggest what a good price to offer would be? Does anyone have experience with this kind of wheel? I have never used one but I don't have a lot of studio space so it seems like it could work well for me.

2 hours ago, Skye said:

Can anyone suggest what a good price to offer would be? Does anyone have experience with this kind of wheel? I have never used one but I don't have a lot of studio space so it seems like it could work well for me.

I actually still have one, great little portable wheel but definitely not worth more than a couple hundred market wise. It has decent power for a portable wheel, but that is its limitation. I think I paid a deal more for it as I bought the legs which were crazy expensive but it was a gift for someone at the time and needed kegs and the factory legs are very good. What else does it come with? Foot pedal? Batts?  If it came with legs and was in good condition I probably would offer 300.00 or so.

Archived