Analog pyrometer wiring?

Msheffield

On 12/17/2020 at 8:35 AM, Bill Kielb said:

Hmm, measure your tcouple with a voltmeter ought to tell the final tale.only thing left would be your tcouple connection to the holder and wire connection to the holder as well. Measuring seems to put all this to rest.

Finally got out the voltimeter and tested, and either I'm doing it wrong, or the thermocouple is registering 0.005 volts, and around 9 ohms. The pyrometer is registering 67 ohms, so perhaps defective? 

29 minutes ago, Bill Kielb said:

Yep, measured in millivolts or thousandths of a volt. In other word your tcouple is functioning. If your meter scales better, you can check accuracy against a temperature chart..  I thought the meter was not working at all or did you get a new pyrometer?

Ok, good to know. Which meter? The voltimeter or pyrometer? The pyrometer doesn't seem to be working at all, and I am just about to order a digital one, but wanted to test the connection first. 

2 minutes ago, Msheffield said:

The pyrometer doesn't seem to be working at

Got it, I misread pyrometer is 67 degrees instead of ohms. To be doubly sure your voltmeter is reading something, heat the thermocouple up by hand or heat gun or torch and your meter should climb nicely as the thermocouple warms. 

Archived