Looking for someone to make terra cotta eggs

I'm looking for someone who can fabricate terra cotta eggs preferably in the southwest. I live between Phoenix and Tucson. I need the eggs for mixing liquids and I have some tests I need to run so I'll need a few versions of them. Sizes will very and shape (whether the small end of the egg is "up" or "down"). I'd like to start with 3 ft tall and move up if all goes well. I've seen pictures of eggs (amphoras) in europe which are 12 ft tall, maybe more.

Since I have no skills in clay fabrication I'm not sure the limits in design/construction....that's why I need your help. If anyone can do them or knows someone who might be able to, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks Durkee

durkeemcm@yahoo.com

(520) 548-2789

I'm looking for someone who can fabricate terra cotta eggs preferably in the southwest. I live between Phoenix and Tucson. I need the eggs for mixing liquids and I have some tests I need to run so I'll need a few versions of them. Sizes will very and shape (whether the small end of the egg is "up" or "down"). I'd like to start with 3 ft tall and move up if all goes well. I've seen pictures of eggs (amphoras) in europe which are 12 ft tall, maybe more.

Since I have no skills in clay fabrication I'm not sure the limits in design/construction....that's why I need your help. If anyone can do them or knows someone who might be able to, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks Durkee

durkeemcm@yahoo.com

(520) 548-2789

250px-Amphorae_stacking.jpg Is this what you are looking for?

You are in luck as the rare Terra cotta bird nests just east of Tuscan. If I recall one can gather the eggs at night under the Giant Saguaros mid summer.

Mark

PS I may have mixed up my facts on this ?

Now I recall you can dive for these in The Mediterranean permits may be needed or get then while night diving-getting them home may be problematic.

Archived