Monday Tuesday--FRIDAY

Bisque unloaded Monday from car kiln-glaze Monday and Tuesday and load two glaze kilns Tuesday afternoon

Fire on Wednesday-unload Friday-box up for future sales

The beat goes on

photos removed as I'm over my limit

What are the little white spacers on top of the posts?

This is a downdraft, right?  Where are the burners?

You just run one cone on the top? Or is it turned sideways in the last picture?  

How much variation in cones top to bottom for bisque and for glaze?

Is this a manufactured or home built kiln?

Quite the tight load, is there a gas flow pattern?

CP the 1st two photos are the 35 cubic downdraft kiln. I run 2 cones on bottom shelve .Cone 10/11p-home builds -8 side burners with bag walls-kiln is pretty even so I do not use top cones after a zillion fire as I know what the temp is from the bottom cones.

The last photo is my 12 cubic updraft commecial kiln(Burman) who stopped making kilns long ago but has a gig down your way still-http://www.bermanceramicarts.com

That kiln I bought used for 300$ long ago . Its 6 burners shooting staight up in floor

I use two cones on top cone 10/11 again . The bottom is one cone hotter-I do not need to see that as after 1,000 fires I get it.

My cones are always turned at an angle and they do not fall on each other as many make them do but next to one another (This is how you should make them-see the orton cone box for instructions)

As to the white small 5/16 shimms -I call them nerds you can see in the 1st two Photos there are really 3 sizes-1/2 inch 3/4 inch and the 5/16 sizes-all nerds kept nextposts they are broken shelves washed with my homemade wash. They are made from mullet shelves and silicone carbide shelves and advancers shelves. They give you just what you need to get above the pots without wasting a whole inch of space. Been doing this about 45 years now with these nerds. Just another loading trick.When I was young I loved checking out others studios as I always picked up something I could make use of-this trick for me came from Alfreds University teachers in the 70s whom taught me most of what I know.

I always pack tight-for me there is no other way.

The flow pattern is gas flows in the bottom and goes out the top in the updraft -no bag walls-thats why its a hot bottom as the flames are right there.I only put glazes that can take it there. 90% of that is getting the right galze in the right area of the kiln-cool glazes on top -I'll take some photo s this am of finished load.

If you need some broken advancers pieces I can send you some as they are the cats meow-but they will fuze badly to your shelves  if not washed well.

Well here is Fridays unloading

1st lets go thru the cones and posts

This is the two cones I spoke about and how they look and the triangle posts as well from my posts thread. My stilt/post rack which has the various sizes all in order of length -no hunting

IMG_2819.jpeg

IMG_2820.jpeg

IMG_2830.jpeg

Big kiln load this Friday am-great fire it looks like-unload after lunch.

Photos of various nerds and nerd thinknesses and stacking as well as whole load .

I installed a new thermocouple on this glaze load as the old one was giving tweeked  readings as it was dying in the protection tube. I go thru these at a pretty good clip and keep them in stock

Two weeks ago Friday I did the exact same loads-I fire both kilns same day (wens and unload on Fridays)-now the shop is empty and I'm taking a week break for other projects(need to get the garden in and begin solar project)  before starting to throw again for stock building. A lot of this is wholesale for a gallery near Hearst Castle which orders twice a year. Its close now but the order need to get down there -I drop it about 4 hours south on a multi brand trip in late May and then it slowly works south.

looks like I hit my limit on photos again so The last ones a no go-yes I downsized them

photos removed as I'm over my limit

Archived