Place to buy replacement parts

Kristina

Hello

I have an old wheel called The Claymaster from Earth Treasures. It was built in 1973. The combination peddle, power supply, and control box was not stored properly and was destroyed by rust. I have tried ebay and amazon with no success. I was wondering if there is a web store that sells old parts or if any of you know of a compatible part from a different company

7 minutes ago, Kristina said:

Hello

I have an old wheel called The Claymaster from Earth Treasures. It was built in 1973. The combination peddle, power supply, and control box was not stored properly and was destroyed by rust. I have tried ebay and amazon with no success. I was wondering if there is a web store that sells old parts or if any of you know of a compatible part from a different company

So just from a perspective of someone who goes DIY before taking it in... Most products like this are made of off-the-shelf parts and can be self-repaired if you're handy (or know someone who is).

The only big issue I can think of is the pedal.  Most companies pride themselves on pedals for some reason so it might be a hard find.  If you're dead set on refurbishing an old wheel, it might be best to find a controller/pedal from a company you like and pair them with the motor if it's still in good shape.  Otherwise I think the money spent refurbishing will exceed the money it costs to buy a new wheel with a warranty.

As with everything, research is Paramount, and an old unsupported wheel like this will take quite a bit of time to research.  If it's a DC motor it'll be a lot easier to deal with than if it's an old AC ring/cone drive.

Hi Kristina,

Is your Claymaster a powered kick wheel?

Being couch bound (flu), paged through a few Ceramic Monthly .pdf files (forgot where I found downloads of old CM magazines, hmm, hmm...), picked Feb 72 and Dec 79 to page through; that's the only Clay Master wheel I could find (image below), in the 72 mag.

Any road, echoing Liamb, if a DC motor, then "drive" board and potentiometer*.

Minarik supplies the boards used in Skutt wheels (minarikdrives.com) my wheel has the pcmxp board; Skutt also uses the mm23001c board (as standard  - it's perfectly suitable). Registration is required to get Minarik's docs - it's easy, shout if. In the heavy cast foot pedal assembly, there's a bitty potentiometer, labelled "10K ohm" on Skutt's ssx wiring diagram, just "potentiometer" on the standard board diagram. https://skutt.com/skutt-resources/diagrams/other/

Paging through the old magazines a good diversion, interesting reading, great prices, heh, many suppliers and vendors that are still around today, and many that are gone - ding bat, heh.

*Given the motor is in good shape, also the wheel shaft bearings.

aa1aClay Master.JPG

aa ding bat.JPG

Archived