Whitest opacifier for reduction firing

I've been using a glaze with 7% titanium dioxide as an opacifier over speckled stoneware. It's very white when fired in oxidation conditions but goes more tan / grey in reduction. 

I like the look of the clay in reduction and I seem to get less pinholes for some reason in my small kiln.

So I'd like to change the opacifier, going to try zirc silicate and tin. I just wondered if anyone knows which ones ( if any ) will produce a very white glaze even in heavy reduction?

Thanks 

19 minutes ago, tomhumf said:

I've been using a glaze with 7% titanium dioxide as an opacifier over speckled stoneware. It's very white when fired in oxidation conditions but goes more tan / grey in reduction. 

I like the look of the clay in reduction and I seem to get less pinholes for some reason in my small kiln.

So I'd like to change the opacifier, going to try zirc silicate and tin. I just wondered if anyone knows which ones ( if any ) will produce a very white glaze even in heavy reduction?

Thanks 

Zirconium will produce a very white white, tin will be more of a softer more natural looking white

49 minutes ago, liambesaw said:

Zirconium will produce a very white white, tin will be more of a softer more natural looking white

Oh thanks, I just look at the digital fire page for zirconium though and it has a comparison with tin. Looks like tin doesn't stay white in reduction so I'll probably not try that one. 

Tin tends to offer a white with more visual depth. It’s influenced a lot by the clay it’s over top, and can react with other metals. Zircopax by itself is very flat, toilet bowl white. Titanium is a variegator that can go white under the right circumstances, but can also swing grey/blue especially around iron, or yellow at high concentrations. 
You can get some really soft visual effects when you mix any or all of them. If you’re that kid like me who can see all the different shades of white, it’s interesting to do triaxial blends with the three of them. 

Archived