test kiln

Hi

I received a very small test kiln 120v, with pyrometer but no setter neither any way of stopping it but unplugging it!ohmy.gifblink.gifunsure.gif

I would love to cook my small low fire clay pieces and see the glazes but no idea how to use it, can you give me a hand-guide?

Thanks!!rolleyes.gif

Hi

I received a very small test kiln 120v, with pyrometer but no setter neither any way of stopping it but unplugging it!ohmy.gifblink.gifunsure.gif

I would love to cook my small low fire clay pieces and see the glazes but no idea how to use it, can you give me a hand-guide?

Thanks!!rolleyes.gif

What manufacturer and model what is the maximum cone/temperature?

I received a very small test kiln 120v, with pyrometer but no setter neither any way of stopping it but unplugging it!

Your kiln might be a Paragon Q-11A. It was available with and without an infinite control switch. Here is a manual:

http://www.paragonwe...vice_Manual.pdf

Sincerely,

Arnold Howard

Paragon Industries, L.P., Mesquite, Texas USA

ahoward@paragonweb.com / www.paragonweb.com

Arnold

I was amazed at that manual-I did not know that you have small electrics that only draw 10-14 amps-

I realize the chamber is super small but still my Milwaukee hole hog and 9 inch grinder use more amps as hand tools.

Mark

I have a little test kiln with interior dimensions in a hexagon shape 10" w by 9" tall. I can get a dozen mugs in it. I is about 20 years old, fires on household 120 V

is a Crucible kiln from Seattle Pottery. I have replaced the switch and the single coil over the 20 years. I have fired ^6-7 tests in it often. It is the only kiln I brought with me from Montana to Texas. I bought new larger kilns and built raku kilns once I got here.

Tests kilns are handy. Mine has a kiln setter and timer, infinite switch. Test kilns are handy to have. Armold is a wealth of kiln info. Paragons are a good brand and excellent customer service. I left a paragon in Montana.

Marcia

Thank you for your answers!

the kiln is a "sno industries" model MK, 120v 12 amp, is made of three parts:

1- the base-floor,

2- the body with the elements connected with cables to a protrusion-little metal box attached with no switch or wheel or anything! with a peep hole , 6 1/2" x 6 1/2 x 4 1/2 high interior, and finally

3- the cover...

I don't see any place where I could put a sitter (could be great that I just don't see it!)

it came with a pyrometer with max. 2300 F, same Sno industries, NJ...

thank you again!

Archived