brent c, the the wheel is spinning regardless

ilana

Hi,

i just got a used Brent C  to replace the one i lost to Hurricane Michael. when i turned the wheel on, it worked nicely , and quietly.  however, the paddle dose not control the speed. no meter what i do the speed of the wheel does not change. i looked at all the troubleshooting videos, and articles i could find, non of them  related to this phenomena. any ideas?

thanks,

ilana

I think its the control inside the foot pedal-Call Amaco /Brent and talk to them for the right part.

You can look inside the foot pedal to see if the part is broken by taking the 4 screws out in the rubber brackets on bottom of pedal

There is a chance the board controller is toast but it sound like a pedal issue.

look at the foot pedal speed videos to see how to access the pedal

If you are lucky the set screw is loose that holds the plastic speed rod to shaft and its just needs tightening

You will need to talk to the tec at Amaco /Brent so they can tell you which part you need

as this could be the foot control piece or a controller board inside the controller-call them with all the specs on your wheel-once you separate which part you can go from there

the board is $180 the foot pedal guts are $116 with cord.

Brent parts are really spendy

Either of these parts are easy to install if you are handy.

let us know how this turns out-how old is this model C? is the control box all silver metal (older)of black plastic (newer)? does it reverse direction  (newer )

does it have a belt protection pan under it?(newer)

Is the motor blue (very older)

If it has the black control box with the smooth/flush buttons, it could be a controller issue. That model had lots of problems. Even if it's not, call Brent to make sure you get the correct parts. They have used a lot of different cord connections over the years.

Called Amaco they told me that the controllers mother board is toast. Easy but expensive to replace. I told them that the wheel is a replacement of the original wheel I had lost to hurrcan Michael . I hope that they will help

Now I am waiting for the part. 

thank you Mark and for the community’s support

ilana

Archived