Show circuit errands

Well doing shows far away can have advantages.

My last show was 1000 miles away in another state. Since I knew this show date about one year in advance I tried to pack in some other errands along the way.

This can make the show trip way more efficient.

I always have a medium wholesale order twice a year from a pottery gallery near Hearst castle in California so I planned on dropping this order ($2,500) at another potters place who lives near and who also takes pots to this place.

I also had a Doctor’s appointment in San Francisco (once a year). As a side note my sister lives near Santa Barbara (Summerland) and my nephew Aki was getting married the weekend after show. I was able to pack and drop wholesale order after show on return trip.

Spent 5 days working on wedding things (grunt worker) stringing 1000 paper cranes –stacking off venue on beach for 150 guests-taking the chilled sake to venue as well as the glassware’s and table cloths.

Made custom sake sets –cups and flasks for both bride and groom and their families for keepsakes. Spent 7 days in Summerland and swam in am in ocean before breakfast. My wife flew down midweek and helped and we drove north after wedding via SF for doctor.

Last day was heading thru fire zone in north bay area. Saw helicopters and super tankers dropping fire retardant. Traffic was slow-still working hard on fire suppression in Napa and Sonoma and Mendocino counties.

The drive was a tad over 2000 miles. I had a solid show 2 day with 273 customers spending an average of $28.00.

Now it’s back to xmas production. Playtime is over.

Archived