Cress Ec32Fh 53Amp 208 Volt 3 Phase Kiln Can It Be Rewired Cheaply To 1 Phase

Artly

I am looking at a Cress EC32FH 53AMP 208 Volt 3PH it is in good shape and functions.  But I don't have 3 phase I have 1 phase.  I have a shop with its own 200amp box straight from the pole.  I looked up the diagram for the 3 phase and the same model in 1phase everything matched except the Buss fuse block where the power comes in.  I contacted Cress but they are not being really as helpful as I would hope.  What I want to know is does the wiring in the 3 phase model the same as the 1 phase model with the exception of the buss fuse block.  Or did Cress use lower amp wiring in the 3 phase model, requiring me to rewire the whole kiln.   If you have worked on Cress or are familiar with them please help my out.  I don't want to buy a kiln that I can't use.

Here are the wiring diagrams

EC32FH-208-1ph.pdf

EC32FH-208-3ph.pdf

EC32FH-208-1ph.pdf

EC32FH-208-3ph.pdf

from what i recall there is more to switching phases, and volts.   not sure on your conversion  but voltage change required new elements at minimum.   But i always depend on good tech support from manufacturer.........   No cress experience under my belt.  maybe try and call back and speak to another tech    but a front loader  NICE!!!!

Archived