Artista Potter's Wheel Question

Hi everyone.

My wife bought me an Artista Potter's Wheel last summer (birthday present),It

has been a good strong quiet runner.

I bought the foot peddle for it after turning it on with the speed control

set on high a couple of times (a very bad thing)

My question is---------- has anyone found a way to modify the foot peddle so

the wheel starts SLOWLY! Its first movement is just too fast.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by my old AMACO model 15 but I don't think so.

Any thoughts appreciated.

thanks

graybeard

it is good practice to always set the foot pedal on any wheel to off before turning on the motor or before putting anything on the wheel head.

I had a problem with my bailey foot pedal after 15 years of use. It wanted to start by itself. I replaced the potentiometer (I think that is what its called) and all is well. I also have an Arista with the footpedal. I don't use it very much and actually loaned it to a former student. They are good little wheels.I also have an Aspire by Shimpo. Sweet little wheel with an even smaller footprint that the Arista. I have a diamond grinding pad on it to clean up pots from a recent wood firing.

Marcia,

No, the problem is that when you plug the peddle into the wheel then turn the wheel on the with

the peddle in the off position the first contact with the peddle causes the wheel to start at too high

of an RPM. When you use the hand control you can start the wheel at an extremely low RPM.

Not easy to explain

Neil,

when they shipped the peddle the only paperwork was how to plug the thing into the wheel. I was just hoping someone had found a fix

Thanks for your input.

graybeard

I have the Aritista with the added foot pedal but don't have any problems. I just plugged it in. I bought the foot pedal after about five years or more. It works fine.

My old Bailey started doing that. I was told by customer service to replace the potentiometer in the pedal. Since your pedal is new, call customer service. Maybe that potentiometer is bad.

Call them.

Marcia

Archived