Soldner Wheels--Opinions?

tb001

I'm using a clay boss now and have been keeping my eyes peeled for a new to me used wheel that may have a little more power. I had narrowed it down to shimpo or TS/Brent, but haven't seen anything interesting come up. Someone near me is selling a soldier wheel--would be interested in any opinions.

Thanks Oldlady! I can't figure out how to correct the title, darn it! 

Don't have more details yet--I wasn't at all familiar with the model, so wasn't sure if it was worth looking more closely, but it just happened to be for sale in my immediate neighborhood, which never happens, so figured it was worth checking at least! Thanks for your input. I'll definitely go and take a look in person.

Soldner wheels are awesome. Top of the line. Super smooth. Their biggest downside is their lack of a decent splash pan, if you want a splash pan. In a small studio a large splash pan like a Thomas Stuart can make a big difference in keeping the place clean.

I'd pick a Thomas Stuart over a Brent any day- biggest splash pan, larger motors that run cooler, more controller adjustments, more torque, more bang for the buck.

Archived