Does Anyone Pre-Weigh Dry Ingredients For Base Glaze?

Aodenkou

I have a very solid base glaze and from that I have several glazes that make use of the base glaze and there are different "ADD" to give me 7 glazes.  (a few more soon I hope)

I have been thinking of taking some large zip lock bags and weighing out the various chemicals and labeling them with the name and weight.  Then storing them in large plastic bins. 

Then if I start running short of a glaze I simply pull a few different bags and weigh the "ADD" ingredients.  I should be able to mix some more glaze quickly. 

My question is - does anyone do something like this now?  If so how does it work for you? 

When I'm weighing out one glaze, I usually weigh out 2 others at the same time.  I check to see what glazes I'm getting low on.

I use 2-gallon, heavy duty zip-lock bags (Walmart) and label them with the glaze name, # of grams and the date weighed.  I take my time, double-checking each material/weight as I go, so as to not dump the wrong thing in the wrong bag.  Usually 3000 grams is the most I mix up at a time and that amount in dry weight fits the bag well.  

It's easy to roll the bag around and mix the dry ingredients without creating any dust.  Then, when I'm getting low on a glaze, it's ready and waiting to be mixed. I've done this for years and it works great for me.    

Archived