I'm Looking For Old Talc-Do You Have Any?

Mark C.

• 3 years later...

@Northern Possessions, welcome to the forum.  Just curious, where did you find Nytal talc in stock?

2 hours ago, Northern Possessions said:

Also as a newbie is it safe?!

Use the same health and safety precautions that you would use for handling any glaze material. Wear a well fitting P100 respirator, clean up any spills before they can be stirred up in the air. Fill your containers / bins outside then bring them inside. Some areas have banned talc claybodies from school districts but I'm guessing this isn't what you will be using your talc for.

2 minutes ago, Mark C. said:

I still use this product in a satin matt glaze and will run out in next few years if I cannot find more. Ran a zillion tests with new talcs. Not the same with this one glaze.I love the satin matt green as well.

Have you tried vanderbilts suggested replacements? Vansil wollastonite mixed with platy talc I think

https://www.vanderbiltminerals.com/assets/uploads/documents/technical/TDS_NYTAL_Replacement.pdf

On 2/27/2020 at 7:05 PM, Northern Possessions said:

Ok, I looked and the talc I just bought is Nytal. In 2020 this must be old stock, right? Did they reopen the mine? Also as a newbie is it safe?!

Mark C., despite your efforts this thread still populates in search results for those seeking New Old Stock supplies of RTV talc.  Such is how I landed here with my newbie account and 1 post count. :D  I am not a lawyer, but I am a scientist studying this issue. @Northern Possessions if you are willing to part with your newly acquired New Old Stock Nytal for a price you can't refuse, please send me a message on here. Thanks all, and sorry to intrude.

Archived