#21 Karen B

Karen B

Potter 1981-present

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

I prefer leaning them against the wall as well - but we're outdoors so eventually they have to be covered.  Currently that means they go onto a stainless wire shelf covered by a tarp.  It seems every time I go to the studio it has been improved with everything organized in yet a new better way, with new containers so each time I get to relearn where everything is.  It reminds me of a bad joke where Helen Keller's parents would punish her by rearranging the furniture.

Just leaning against the wall next to the kilns.

I share my studio with a guy who loves to redesign and evolve the studio into a well organised machine so I know your pain.

I very much remember where things are by what I was doing when I last used them, not the type of guy to organise things unless a pile of stuff counts  ;)

What I would give to have a guy like that!

#22 Roberta12

Roberta12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

leaning against the wall, by the kiln.  No room really, for them to be anywhere else.

roberta

#23 perkolator

perkolator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

Vertically on a cart for electric kiln shelves.  Gas shelves vertical, leaning on a wall.  Eventually I will be making some fancy shelf carts like pictured below (I think @Alfred?)

Attached Files

#24 Brenda Neall

Brenda Neall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPowell River, BC, Canada

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

My hubby (Tim the Tool Man) built me the best little cupboard to hold my kiln shelves ... Pic attached

Attached Files

#25 ChenowethArts

ChenowethArts

Clay Artist & Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee - Where at least a few studios make something besides music.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

Small 4-wheeled cart that holds the half-shelves (all I ever use) plus a place to store the kiln furniture, Orton cone boxes, a coffee can sized batch of kiln wash, and (if I'm lucky) a cone pack that is ready to go.\.  Just about everything is on wheels in the garagio..except for the wheel (and I just realized how odd that sounds).

Paul Chenoweth

Visit/Like me on Facebook

Connect on Twitter

#26 Chilly

Chilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationLangdon Hills, Essex, UK

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

Just fell in what your garagio is.  Does that mean I have a glassio or a greenio?

----------------------------------------------------------

Ann

http://www.readypeda...uk/pottery.html

#27 ChenowethArts

ChenowethArts

Clay Artist & Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee - Where at least a few studios make something besides music.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Just fell in what your garagio is.  Does that mean I have a glassio or a greenio?

Its an old-habit-dies-hard thing, Chilly.  The space was a garage for so long, that it is hard to call it a studio....so, in the meantime it is a garagio  ;)

Paul Chenoweth

Visit/Like me on Facebook

Connect on Twitter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kilns, shelves, storage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users